Sometimes, I like to get my friends Christmas presents. Sometimes, it takes me so long to finish the handmade part, they turn into Valentine's/Christmas presents. Which is why the felt Target bags from the dollar section, candy and nail polish were necessary. I haven't given up yet on learning to sew, so I made them each little wallets with questionably straight edges. I went a little Etsy-crazy over the holidays and bought everyone gold knot rings and a 2014 printable calendar. The latter would have made more sense in December but I mean, February is still the beginning of the year, right?
Anyway, there's no point to this post other than an update on my sewing progress (rough), and to say I actually kind of love Valentine's Day. I know, I know...but I can't help it. Secretly, I really like pink and I just think it's fun to celebrate either with your friends, a significant other or even by yourself. If ever there's a day that it's acceptable to drink wine and eat chocolate alone, it's Vday.
So even if you don't like Valentine's Day, go ahead and eat an obscene amount of cookies and candy at work today. You're allowed.

No comments:
Post a Comment