Like I mentioned before, I actually really like Valentine's Day. I know the issues people have with it and I get it, really I do. But a day that strongly emphasizes candy isn't all bad in my book. So this is the maybe 5th Valentine's Day Evan and I have spent together. We decided awhile ago that we would use this day as a reason to go do something new. In the past we've done a wine tasting, took a sushi class and have gone ice skating (honestly kind of terrifying). With the wedding and Christmas only a couple months behind us, we thought it might be a good idea to keep it simple this year. Yay, fiscal responsibility! Sometimes being an adult is lame.
But sometimes it isn't. Because this year we found a liqueur and chocolate pairing at the Franklin Park Conservatory. Basically, we got to run around the Conservatory, take pictures and try different drinks and chocolate. It worked out especially well because we got to see the light exhibit I really wanted to see earlier in the year. Evan also took this really sassy picture of me at the top which I thought was too funny not to include. Luckily, we didn't have to resort to selfies to get a picture together because they had a photo booth! Although, we kinda failed at that too. The timing was really hard...All in all it was a really fun night!
At the time, I thought this was kind of weird but we got a Kroger gift card for a wedding present. I soon realized, it was actually a really awesome idea. I like to make dinner for Vday so we used it to purchase all our steaks and crab legs. I'll be posting more about those later. Everything turned out delicious!
Including the cards and small gifts we got each other, we spent around $40 for the entire weekend!


No comments:
Post a Comment