Tuesday, October 7, 2014




Even though I've already been married a year, I think I'm going to keep doing the Wedding Wednesday linkup. I took a big break from blogging while we were house hunting and I sort of dropped off in the middle of my wedding recaps. I mean, I still enjoy looking at these pictures and this linkup is fun, so yeah! Wedding! 


Let's talk about the ceremony. This was the part I was most anxious about. Why? I guess because everyone was going to be looking at me. While I really have no problem with public speaking or giving presentations and whatnot, I'm just not big on being in the spotlight. Plus, I mean, it's so formal, ya know? Luckily, things went off without a hitch. I didn't trip, kept my ugly cry-face in check, managed to not light anything on fire (that wasn't supposed to be) and at the end of it, Evan and I were married! 

Sometime I really should post our wedding playlist. It is eclectic to say the least. The guys walked into This Must Be The Place by Talking Heads which is one of my favorite songs. That actually wasn't on purpose, it's just how the timing worked out. Then Hoppipolla by Sigur Ros starting playing and the bridesmaids started walking down the aisle. At this point, I was silently freaking out and I think my dad could tell because he squeezed my hand and said, "This is a good day." Then I took a deep breath and we were off! 

The ceremony was pretty standard as far as weddings go. My favorite part were the three readings we selected. My three girlfriends read from "A Farewell To Arms," "Les Miserables" and "A Marriage" by Mark Twain.


That last picture is one of my absolute favorites. My friend, Amy, who did our engagement pictures took it with her phone. I think it pretty perfectly captures how excited we were! After that, Evan and I jumped in the limo and drove around for a little bit so we could spend a few minutes together before heading back for the cocktail hour. 



Wedding Wednesday

10 comments:

  1. I totally got a tear in my eye when I read what your dad said to you - so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love your dress, the décor you had and the music you picked! We had non-traditional music as well (I will be doing a whole post about that one of these days). I love everything about your wedding...so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dress! Before I went dress shopping that was the exact dress I had envisioned to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, and I love that you had readings from novels! Please post what they were!! :)
    That last photo is awesome and it captures you two perfectly: beautiful and happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful photos! I love the last one! You look so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janelle {Undomestic Bliss}October 9, 2014 at 3:48 PM

    Thank you! I definitely was!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janelle {Undomestic Bliss}October 9, 2014 at 3:50 PM

    Oh yeah! That's a good idea lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janelle {Undomestic Bliss}October 9, 2014 at 3:54 PM

    That's so funny! This dress wasn't the style that I envisioned beforehand but when I tried it on I fell in love with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Janelle {Undomestic Bliss}October 9, 2014 at 4:05 PM

    Thank you! I really love how everything came together. The music part was really important to us. I'll be excited to see what songs you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Janelle {Undomestic Bliss}October 9, 2014 at 4:07 PM

    It still makes me tear up to think about it. I don't think I could have made it down the aisle without him. I was way too nervous!

    ReplyDelete