Tuesday, October 14, 2014






This is the post I have secretly been wanting to write since basically the moment we got engaged. Since Day 1 I knew exactly how I wanted the centerpieces to look. Clearly, I has spent a lot of time prior to this on Pinterest. After months of scouring every antique mall in the greater Columbus area we collected enough treasures to start assembling everything. Each table had a variety of old cameras, books, mercury glass, antique trophy cups and obviously Mason jars.

When we took all of our decorations in, the florist probably thought we were starting our own antique store. I think they also thought I was slightly insane. Because I was so intent on every table being different, I had already taken the liberty of grouping what items I wanted together at which table and had them boxed up and labeled. When I get stressed, organizing every possible detail makes me feel better! It was hard for me to not be the person who got to set each table up. But the florist did an amazing job.


All of our signs, table numbers and tags for favors came from an Etsy store called Borden Specifics.  I would highly recommend them. They worked really fast and were super accommodating. 




Instead of a guestbook we asked everyone to sign records. Then we framed them and now we have them to hang up and display! In case you were wondering the albums are Fleetwood Mac- Rumors, David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust (not typing out the full name), and Paul Simon - Graceland

For the cake we actually went with Giant Eagle. It tasted just as good as the other places we tried and was like $300 cheaper. No joke. Also, for some reason, it was really important to me that the cake sit on a suitcase. Like really, REALLY important. At this point, I couldn't tell you why I was so set on it but I'm assuming it has to do with Pinterest again. 

As an escort card, everyone got a little skeleton key (thank you again, Etsy) and their table number. For favors, we boxed up an assortment of chocolate from a local candy shop and tied "Love is Sweet" tags to them all. By hand. Thank God, my wonderful girlfriends were on hand to help with not only those two projects but making the streamers that everyone waved too. 

We also lucked out because my uncle and a family friend each had wood we could use for the cookies in the middle of the table (the thing all the bottles sit on). Otherwise those things are pretty pricey. 

Looking at these pictures also reminds me of how awesome it was to have so many people help us bring everything together.  



Photos by Agape Photography
Flowers by Bloomtastic


Wedding Wednesday

4 comments:

  1. Love those!! I have no idea how I want my centerpieces to look!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the idea of having every table look different. I did 2 different centerpieces because I was adamant they all couldn't look the same. Love the vintage inspired items that you found! Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that feeling - we bought our own vessels for centerpieces and while it was crazy loading them all up and hauling them around, the effect was awesome! Plus, I love that those pieces are now in our home as a reminder of our wedding day. Your vintage pieces look very chic and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good gracious I love these details! So uniquely you!

    ReplyDelete