Here's a slightly different Wedding Wednesday! I can now add "Wedding Shower Planner" to my resume. Last year, one of my maids of honor, Courtney, asked me to be her MOH for her upcoming wedding. Symmetry!
Now that her wedding is quickly approaching, I've had the honor and somewhat terrifying privilege of returning the favor for all the nice wedding stuff she planned for my wedding. Planning stuff is no easy task, guys. Especially when it's for someone else! For Courtney's shower, I tried to get an idea of what type of day the bride-to-be would like to have. After discussing food categories, she declared her love for Mexican food. Awesome! A fiesta it shall be!
I have some trouble not going overboard with this kind of stuff. But I am pretty happy with how it turned out. This was before we moved into our place so luckily one of the other bridesmaids was gracious enough to let us have it at her super cute house. We enjoyed a rather extensive taco bar with tons of homemade guacamole (my favorite) and white sangria. For a sweet treat, I made margarita cupcakes because you know I couldn't go off-theme. To help everyone get to know the bride and groom a little better, we played a game where people had to guess which fun fact applied to each of them. I was really worried this was going to be super easy so I rewrote them to make it harder. No one ended up doing better than 70%. Even their moms! Oops. Then we also played bingo while Courtney opened her gifts. Here's a case where knowing your audience helps. There were several ladies who were quite competitive at bingo. I should have maybe brought more prizes. I was going to buy a template for both of these games but just decided to do it myself on PicMonkey for free. I might have to post those because I think they turned out pretty cute. To wind things down, we had a picture backdrop area set up with chalkboard signs. This might have been my favorite part. My amazing friend Joyce sewed a ruffle curtain because I saw something on Pinterest and thought it would be cool. Again, she is amazing!
It was such a fun and crazy day. Seeing a big smile on everyone's face and getting to celebrate such a happy occasion for one of best friends made it all worthwhile. That's what life's about, people! Love, friendship and nacho bars.
The only thing I regret is not getting more pictures other than the couple I snapped on my phone. And that I didn't end up getting a gold, donkey pinata.




This is such a cut shower! I love the sign "Sangria is Cold". This looks super fun!
ReplyDeleteThese pictures are so cute! I love the idea of this theme. How smart are you? I love it all.
ReplyDelete