Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Rehearsal

Dress: Lulu's // Necklace: Lulu's // Shoes: Badgley Mischka

First of all, let me apologize for the quality of these pictures. The only pictures I have of the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner were taken by my mom on her iPad. I will let her photography skill speak for itself. In her defense, the lighting was really bad.   

As you can see the day started off with her getting pictures from various angles of me talking to the venue coordinator, Abby.  Abby also coordinated our rehearsal, which I can only imagine was a lot like herding cats. It also meant I didn't have to be the drill sergeant and make sure everyone was paying attention :)

After a couple of mishaps that morning  I had been so busy that I didn't have time to think about the fact that the wedding was the next day! Then the weight of the moment hit me. We're rehearing for a wedding. For my wedding. That's in less than 24 hours. This time tomorrow I will be in a wedding dress. Oh man.

The rest of the day went without a hitch. We reserved the basement of Barley's for dinner complete with our own bar and bartender. We loved getting to give our families and wedding party their gifts. 

The only thing I would do differently is not wear the dress I wore! After looking at every store in the mall, I finally ordered this one online. It was a little shorter and a little more low cut than it looked on the website. I tried to wear a necklace to cover up the neckline a little lol It also probably wasn't the best idea to try to break in the shoes I was going to wear for the wedding the day before.

My advice for the rehearsal for future brides? Be as organized as you can but just go with it when the day comes. Something unexpected will always pop up. Just have fun!

Chits and Giggles

7 comments:

  1. I wore really high heels the day before my wedding because I loved them and they were perfect with my outfit, that was an oooops!

    Looks like a fun rehearsal :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha sometimes you have to sacrifice comfort for the perfect shoes!

      Delete
  2. Great advice! Something really will happen unexpected the day before. For us, we were running so late on getting everything set up, and then just two hours before the rehearsal started my husband's grandpa fell and tore a ligament in his leg. We're just so glad they were able to make it to the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg! Something always happens, doesn't it? Glad he was okay and could still make it to your wedding though!

      Delete
  3. Great advice for the rehearsal!! Thank you for sharing! I am nervous about mine (well, mostly the whole week before because people are flying in from other states and I am working the whole week, too. Ahh)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to work the week of ours too. Which didn't help my nerves but everything worked out in the end. Don't worry (easier said than done, I know), you'll be fine :)

      Delete
  4. haha of course you wore heels! That place for your dinner looks awesome! Great advice, I will definitely heed it in (...pause while I check the knot for the official count...) 137 days! Ahhh!

    ReplyDelete