I think if we're being honest though, what we all look forward to is eating delicious foods and getting a Thursday, (and maybe a Friday), off work. For the elusive four day weekend, I am truly thankful.
So, let's get to it! I think I'm supposed to be describing my whole weekend but I'll spare you most of the details.
Thursday, we journeyed back to the motherland of northwestern Ohio to see my family. The SO was kind enough to join us since I spent last Thanksgiving with his family. Yay, compromising! Anyway, things are changing, y'all. My cousin and aunt made the bulk of the Thanksgiving feast this year. Usually, my grandma does but this year she apparently was not feeling it. I have to say, if I felt any nostalgia at all about that, it all vanished as soon as the appetizers were served because everything was amazing. My cousin, tackled the turkey, which in my opinion, is a pretty big undertaking. I wanted to cry. I was so proud. Also, I was really glad someone was willing to do it because there's no way I could have made it.
Here's a picture of it.
![]() |
| This is a picture of turkey. |
I should mention too, we combined Christmas with Thanksgiving because my grandma won't be here in December. She's going to Georgia with some of her girlfriends, in which, I expect, a lot of Spring Break type shenanigans will ensue. Matching tattoos and all that.
I spent a good deal of Friday feeling miserable about how much food I ate the day before. Eventually, at the very reasonable time of 1 pm, we made it out to the malls to shop for some deals. Having worked in retail a number of years, I feel entitled to tell you that Black Friday is against my religion. I've seen some ugly things, my friends. Ugly. A woman once screamed profanities at me because we were sold out of something called, RoboRaptor.
![]() |
| Requires 87 AA batteries |
I never saw her again but I feel confident in saying that she indeed lived and the lack of a RoboRaptor in her life didn't affect it too negatively.
After finding a few things we were looking for, we got ready to head to the OSU basketball game with Evan's parents. I know next to nothing about sports but everyone was pretty jazzed that the football team was there. The football team. At the basketball game. Confusing.
![]() |
| My photography skills on display |
Saturday was pretty epic. If you live in Columbus and most likely, anywhere else in Ohio, I'm sure you are aware that it was the OSU-Michigan game. This is basically its own holiday here. We observed the holiday in the traditional sense by gathering with some our dearest friends, sharing a few drinks and screaming obscenities at the tv and sometimes at each other. After watching OSU win, we continued the celebration later into the night. It was a good time with good friends and MOSTLY good behavior with one exception....
![]() |
| Someone punched the pumpkin roll... |
This is why we can't have nice things.




No comments:
Post a Comment