Originally, my plan was to make this blog about my lack of traditional "domestic" skills, like knowing how to operate the coffee maker and tv. The plan was to document the transition from clueless college kid to functioning adult. But it hasn't happened in a very linear fashion. And my attempts haven't always been successful. Let's just say, I'm not going to be the neighbor that stops over with fresh tomatoes from her garden. 1. Tomatoes are disgusting and I hate them. 2. I can't keep a plant alive for the life of me.
In my quest to learn all the skills, I figured sewing would be a good one. How handy would it be to alter your own clothes? Or better yet, make your own clothes? Or you know, sew a button back on. So in a pretty big leap of faith, I bought a sewing machine, hit up Joanne's for supplies and got this free pattern off the internet. I don't know if my friends actually drink coffee but guess what. They're all getting these less than perfect drink sleeves. But they were made with love :) And of course, they all say TGC.
After my first sewing project, I learned a lot. For example, it may be awhile before I can follow in Romy & Michele's footsteps and open my own clothing store. Or pull off these sweet dance moves.


No comments:
Post a Comment