Wednesday, January 22, 2014

First Look


Oh man, it still chokes me up a little bit to look at our First Look pictures. So many emotions! I don't really even know how to describe it. Somehow I felt relieved, nervous, anxious and excited all at the same time. After all the build up and planning for this wedding, it was finally time to have it! I think we were both running on too much adrenaline at this point to be too emotional. Although, as you can see in the one picture, I did get a little teary-eyed. Mostly, I think we were just happy to finally get to see each other which I really think comes across in the pictures. In all of them we both have huge smiles and are laughing. I'm not sure how I would have gotten through the next several hours of lead up to the wedding without Evan there with me. He is the calming presence in my life and I definitely felt the strain of that after being apart that hectic morning. After our First Look, we headed out to several different alley locations to get some pictures of the two of us together and then with the rest of the wedding party.

I know some people prefer to wait until the ceremony to see each other and I totally get that. For anyone who is thinking about seeing each other beforehand here are some advantages:

  • If you're like me and know seeing your guy and spending time before the ceremony will relieve some anxiety, there's that. 
  • We had TONS of time to get group pictures in quite a few different locations
  • Because of that, there wasn't a long space between the ceremony and reception
  • For me at least, it didn't lessen the moment of walking down the aisle and seeing Evan. That was the moment I was actually closest to crying, despite seeing each other beforehand. I actually did cry a little but I was so happy with my makeup I was determined not to ruin it. 
It's totally a personal choice but there's my two cents :)


Wedding Wednesday

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow...these pictures are gorgeous! I love your dress too (by the way). GORGEOUS! And we are planning a first look. I think it's mainly so that we can mingle with people during our cocktail hour instead of having to take pictures. That is the plan at least.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Getting to enjoy your cocktail hour is definitely a plus! It was nice for the wedding party too. After the ceremony they were pretty much free to hang out and eat!

      Delete
  2. I love love love these pictures! His face is priceless! Such a wonderful moment. I'm so happy for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm so glad we have these. Definitely some of my faves :)

    ReplyDelete