Monday, April 8, 2013

Winter Hibernation...


Is finally over! And to celebrate, here are two weekend's worth of updates.

Mar. 29-31

One: What do normal people do on Friday nights? Why, start painting the living room at 10:30, obviously. We painted it the exact same color because after the first time it was uneven...anyway, it looks really good now. 
Two: Sorry to post pictures of meat, but I made a hamburger with the cheese INSIDE it. So I thought that was something of note. 
Three: My friend Claire brought us all petit fours at our Girls Club shopping adventure in Jeffersonville.  My word, these little treats are tasty!
Four: Maureen came to visit!! Here we are, reunited with Kerny. 
Five: So, we checked out this place called Bossy Grrrl's Pin Up Joint. I have to say, this might be my new favorite neighborhood hang out. The decor reminds me a lot of Betty's but with more Elvis references in the menu. And there's underwear on the lights. 
Six: Me and E$ :-) 
Seven: Here is a purse Maureen gave me for my birthday, that she made. She MADE this. How awesome is that? The lining is dogs. So perfect. 
Eight: Some leftovers of the food I brought to Easter at my grandma's. Cheddar Bay Biscuits and Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Cookies. I don't worry about being healthy on holidays. 
Nine: I just thought this picture summed up Easter pretty well: spring flowers, some leftovers and a big thing of deviled eggs. 


April 5-7

One: Started off the weekend right by meeting E$ for lunch at Dirty Frank's. I'll start that wedding diet someday. 
Two: Photographic proof of how delicious my lunch was. 
Three: Because we're classy, we went to a wine tasting at Meza with some friends Friday night. Except it was really a mead tasting, hosted by Brothers Drake. What is mead, you ask? Well, it tastes like wine but made with honey so it's sweeter. I also believe vikings drank it. Don't quote me on that. Anyway, it's definitely worth a try. Although, I will tell you the habanero is not for the faint of heart. 
Four: We went out for Kerny's birthday Saturday! Look how cute we look!
Five: I attempted a sock bun even though my hair is really short. As you can see, on the right there's a hole so I'm going to have to keep practicing. 
Six: While at World of Beer on Saturday, a bachelorette party was hapless enough to leave this treasure behind...
Seven: Finally! Some signs of spring in the sad little garden in front of our apartment. I didn't plant these. If I did, they'd be dead. 
Eight: Mad Men is back! Kerny and Jake were kind enough to let us come over and watch it since E$ is pretty dedicated to making us live like the Amish without cable. 
Nine: Dorito got a haircut. Look at the adorableness! LOOK AT IT. 

Other than that, wedding planning has consumed my life. You'll all be happy to know though that I've been finding some deals! If you know me, you know I love the deals. 

Happy Spring!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Janelle - Just hopped over and am kinda jealous that your winter weather is over! We got a glimpse of spring last weekend, but our forecast isn't looking too warm just yet. I'm not that good at a sock bun yet either. {sigh} And little Dorito is a doll!

    Hope you'll stop by and enter
    Stella and Dot Earrings Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sarah! Thanks for stopping by. Those earrings are super cute! Thanks for letting me know about the giveaway!

      Delete